Welcome to PetPeopleMeet.com, operated by People Media, Inc. (the “Company”). By accessing PetPeopleMeet.com or another similar website operated, hosted or powered by the Company
(this “Agreement”). This Agreement governs the use of the Service and access to the Website; please read it carefully.
This Agreement is an electronic contract that establishes the legally binding terms you must accept to access and use the Website, and to become a “Member”.
For purposes of this Agreement, the term “Member” means a person who provides information to the Company to participate in the Service in any manner, whether such
person uses the Service as a free member or a subscriber. You acknowledge and agree that Members of the Website may be part of the same online community of another
Website of the Company with a similarly targeted audience, and that profiles on any such Website may be viewable on these other Websites and that paying subscribers
of one Website may be able to communicate with other paying subscribers such Websites. For purposes of this Agreement, the term “Service” contemplates that a Member
and (iii) additional rules and terms posted on the Website that specifically reference this Agreement, such as terms governing billing, free trials, discounts and other promotions.
By accessing the Website or using the Service, you accept this Agreement and agree to the terms, conditions and notices contained or referenced herein and consent to have this
Agreement provided to you in electronic form. Please print a copy of this Agreement for your records. To receive a non-electronic copy of this Agreement, please Contact Us or send a letter and self-addressed stamped envelope with sufficient postage to:
People Media, P.O. Box 12627, Dallas, TX 75225. This Agreement may be modified by the Company from time to time, such modifications to be effective upon posting by the
Company on the Website.
You must be at least 18 years of age to access and use the Service. You must also be single or separated from your spouse to use the Service. Any use of the Service is
void where prohibited. By accessing and using the Website, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to
abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you become a Member, you represent and warrant that you have never been convicted of a felony and that you
are not required to register as a sex offender with any government entity. Using the Service may be prohibited or restricted in certain countries. If you use the Service
from outside of the United States, you are responsible for complying with the laws and regulations of the territory from which you access or use the Website or Service.
Membership and Subscription.
You may register as a Member at no cost. As a Member, you may use some, but not all, of the features and services available within the Service. To access or use additional
features and services, including the ability to communicate with other Members that are subscribers, you must become a paying subscriber to the Service. On the Website,
we sometimes refer to subscribing as “upgrading”. Please see the “Upgrade” (or similar) page on the Website for a description of the current subscription plans and their prices.
The subscription policies that are disclosed to you in subscribing to the service are a part of this Agreement. Absent special offers, you acknowledge and agree that if
you are (i) not a subscriber, you will not be able to use all the features and services available within the Service, including communicating with other Members, and (ii)
a subscriber, non-subscribing Members will not be able to use the Service to communicate with you. A Member profile (both subscribers and non-subscribers) may remain posted
on the Website even if that Member is not actively using the Service. You acknowledge and agree that although a Member’s profile may be viewed, you may not (even as a subscriber)
be able to use the Service to communicate with that Member if he or she is not then actively using the Service.
Term and Termination.
- This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Service and/or are a Member.
- You may cancel your membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the cancel pages on your “Account Status” page. You may cancel
your subscription at any time online by clicking through “My Account” and then clicking on “Account Status History” and following the directions on that page.
You may also cancel your membership by sending the Company written notice of cancellation to People Media, P.O. Box 12627, Dallas, TX 75225 or email notice of
cancellation to Customer Care. If you cancel your membership via the Website, we may ask you to provide a reason for your cancellation. If you cancel your
membership and you are a subscriber, your subscription will also be cancelled in accordance with the terms set forth herein. If you cancel your subscription,
the Company requires a reasonable amount of time to process the action. If you cancel a subscription, you will enjoy subscription benefits until the end of
your then-current subscription commitment, following which your subscription benefits will expire. However, in no event, will you be eligible for a refund of
any portion of the subscription fees paid for the then-current subscription commitment. If you paid for your subscription using a multi-payment option, you
must make all payments even if you cancel your subscription prior to the end of your then existing subscription commitment period.
- Canceling a subscription does not automatically cancel your membership. If you are a subscriber and you cancel your subscription but not your membership,
unless you elect to delete or hide your profile you will continue to be a Member in the Service and others may view your profile. If you hide your membership,
your profile will be hidden and other Members will not be able to view your profile until you reactivate your membership. If you delete your membership,
your profile will be removed and other Members will not be able to view your profile and you will not be able to reactivate your membership. Members can hide
or delete their profile at any time by following the instructions contained on the “My Account” page on the Website.
- The Company may terminate or suspend your subscription and/or membership in the Service at any time without notice if you breach, or if the Company believes
that you have breached, this Agreement. Upon such termination or suspension, you will not be entitled to any refund of unused subscription fees and,
if applicable, all unpaid subscription amounts and other fees you owe will immediately be due. The Company is not required to disclose, and may be prohibited
from disclosing, the reason for the termination or suspension of your account.
- After your membership or subscription is terminated for any reason, all terms of this Agreement survive such termination, and continue in full force and effect,
except for any terms that by their nature expire or are fully satisfied.
Non-commercial Use by Members.
The Website and Service is for personal use only. Members may not use the Service in connection with any commercial endeavors, such as (i) advertising or soliciting
any user to buy or sell any products or services not offered by the Company or (ii) soliciting others to attend parties or other social functions, or networking, for
commercial purposes. Users of the Website may not use any information obtained from the Service to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any other user without
his or her prior explicit consent. Organizations, companies, and/or businesses may not use the Service or the Website for any purpose. The Company may investigate
and take any available legal action in response to illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Website, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of members
by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email and unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password you designate during the registration process, and you are solely responsible
for all activities that occur under your username and password. You agree to immediately notify the Company of any disclosure or unauthorized use of your username or
password or any other breach of security, and ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
Your Interactions with Other Members.
- YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE COMPANY CURRENTLY DOES NOT
CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS OR SCREENINGS ON ITS MEMBERS. THE COMPANY ALSO DOES NOT INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUNDS OF ALL OF ITS MEMBERS OR ATTEMPT
TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF ITS MEMBERS. THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF MEMBERS OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY
CURRENT OR FUTURE MEMBERS. THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT ANY CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK OR OTHER SCREENINGS (SUCH AS SEX OFFENDER REGISTER SEARCHES),
AT ANY TIME AND USING AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS.
- The Company is not responsible for the conduct of any Member. As noted in and without limiting Sections 16 and 18 below, in no event shall the Company be
liable (directly or indirectly) for any losses or damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental,
arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the Website or Service including, without limitation, death,
bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other Members or persons you meet through the Service.
You agree to take all necessary precautions in all interactions with other Members, particularly if you decide to communicate off the Website or meet in person,
or if you decide to send money to another Member. In addition, you agree to review the Company's Dating Safety Tips ,
located on the Website, prior to using the Service. You understand that the Company makes no guarantees, either express or implied, regarding your ultimate
compatibility with individuals you meet through the Service. You should not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account
information), or wire or otherwise send money, to other Members.
The Company owns and retains all proprietary rights in the Website and the Service, and in all content, trademarks, trade names, service marks and other intellectual
property rights related thereto. The Website contains the copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of the Company and its licensors.
You agree to not copy, modify, transmit, disclose, use, create any derivative works from, make commercial use of, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material,
trademarks, trade names, service marks, other intellectual property or proprietary information accessible on the Website or through the Service, without first
obtaining the prior written consent of the Company or, if such property is not owned by the Company, the owner of such intellectual property or proprietary rights.
You agree to not remove, obscure or otherwise alter any proprietary notices appearing on any content, including copyright, trademark and other intellectual property notices.
Content Posted by You on the Website.
- You are solely responsible for the content and information that you post, upload, publish, link to, transmit, record, display or otherwise make available
(hereinafter, “post”) on the Service or transmit to other Members, including emails, videos (including streaming videos), photographs, voice notes, recordings
or profile text, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted (collectively, “Content”). You may not post on the Website or as part of the Service,
or transmit to the Company or any other Member (either on or off the Website), any offensive, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, sexually oriented,
threatening, intimidating, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates another person's rights
(including intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity). You represent and warrant that all information that you submit upon
registration is accurate and truthful and that you will promptly update any information provided by you that subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false.
- You understand and agree that the Company may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review any Content you post on the Website or as part of a Service.
The Company may delete any Content, in whole or in part, that in the sole judgment of the Company violates this Agreement or may harm the reputation
of the Website or the Company. The Company may restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number
which we deem appropriate in our sole discretion.
- By posting Content on the Website or as part of the Service, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant,
to the Company, its affiliates, licensees and successors, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid-up, worldwide right and license to
(i) use, copy, store, perform, display, reproduce, record, play, adapt, modify and distribute such Content, (ii) prepare derivative works of, or
incorporate into other works, such Content, and (iii) grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing in any media now known or hereafter created.
You represent and warrant that any posting and use of your Content by the Company will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
- In addition to the types of Content described in Section 9(a) above, the following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is prohibited on
the Website. You may not post, upload, display or otherwise make available Content that:
The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who violates this provision,
including removing the offending communication from the Website or Service and terminating or suspending the membership of such violators.
- that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- advocates harassment or intimidation of another person;
- requests money from, or is intended to otherwise defraud, other users of the Website or Service;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming” (or “spimming”, “phishing”, “trolling” or similar activities);
- promotes information that is false or misleading, or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is defamatory, libelous or otherwise objectionable;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them,
providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated images, audio or video, or links to
pirated images, audio or video files;
- contains video, audio photographs, or images of another person without his or her permission (or in the case of a minor, the minor’s legal guardian);
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other illegal manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons or drugs, violating someone's privacy,
or providing, disseminating or creating computer viruses;
- contains viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, cancelbots, worms or other harmful, or disruptive codes, components or devices;
- impersonates, or otherwise misrepresents affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity;
- provides information or data you do not have a right to make available under law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships
(such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information);
- disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to “scroll” faster than other users are able to type, or otherwise negatively affects
other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users or disseminates another
person’s personal information without his or her permission; and
- publicizes or promotes commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter,
advertising, and pyramid schemes.
- Your use of the Website and Service, including all Content you post on the Website or as part of the Service, must be in accordance with any and
all applicable laws and regulations, including all applicable export and import laws and regulations. You agree that the Company may access, preserve
and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is
reasonably necessary, such as to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce this Agreement; (iii) respond to claims that any Content violates the
rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service or allow you to use the Website in the future; or (v) protect the rights,
property or personal safety of the Company or any other person.
- You may not post any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses in areas of your Member profile that may be viewed by
other Members. You agree that any Content you place on the Website to be viewed by other Members may be viewed by any person visiting the Website
or participating in the Service.
Prohibited Activities. The Company reserves the right to investigate and/or terminate your membership if you have misused the Service, or behaved in a way
which could be regarded as inappropriate, unlawful or illegal, including actions or communications the occur off the Website but involve Members you meet through
the Service. The following is a partial list of the type of actions that you may not engage in with respect to the Service. You will not:
- impersonate any person or entity.
- solicit money from any Members.
- post any Content that is prohibited by Section 9.
- “stalk” or otherwise harass any person.
- express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by the Company without our specific prior written consent.
- ask or use Members to conceal the identity, source, or destination of any illegally gained money or products.
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine”, or in any
way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website, Service or its contents.
- collect usernames and/or email addresses of members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing
of or linking to the Website.
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or the Website or the servers or networks connected to the Service or the Website.
- email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy
or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted to or through the Website or
Service (either directly or indirectly through use of third party software).
- “frame” or “mirror” any part of the Service or the Website, without the Company's prior written authorization.
- use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to the Company, the Website or the Service (or any trademark, trade name, service mark,
logo or slogan of the Company) to direct any person to any other website for any purpose.
- modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Service or the Website or
any software used on or for the Service or the Website, or cause others to do so.
- post, use, transmit or distribute, directly or indirectly, (e.g. screen scrape) in any manner or media any content or information obtained from the Website
or the Service other than solely in connection with your use of the Service in accordance with this Agreement.
The Company provides assistance and guidance through its customer care representatives. When communicating with our customer care representatives
(whether over the telephone, or via email or letter), you may not be abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexist, threatening, harassing, racially offensive,
or otherwise behave inappropriately. Telephone calls between you and our customer care representatives may be recorded for quality assurance purposes.
If we feel that your behavior towards any of our customer care representatives or other employees is at any time threatening or offensive, we reserve the
right to immediately terminate your membership and you will not be entitled to any refund of unused subscription fees.
Subscriptions; Charges on Your Billing Account.
- The Company bills you through an online account (your “Billing Account”) for use of the Service. You agree to pay the Company all charges at the
prices you agreed to for any use of the Service by you or other persons (including your agents) using your Billing Account, and you authorize the
Company to charge your chosen payment provider (your “Payment Method”) for the Service. You agree to make payment using that selected Payment Method.
The Company may correct any billing errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment. This Section 12 includes
any agreements you made with the Company on the Website when becoming a Member or subscribing to the Service. The terms of your payment will be based
on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider of your
chosen Payment Method.
- Your subscription will continue indefinitely until cancelled by you. After your initial subscription commitment period, and again after any subsequent
subscription period, your subscription will automatically continue for an additional equivalent period, at the price you agreed to when subscribing.
You agree that your account will be subject to this automatic renewal feature. If you do not wish your account to renew automatically, or if you want
to change or terminate your subscription, please log in and go to “My Account” on the Website and follow the directions contained therein.
If you cancel your subscription, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term; your subscription will not be
renewed after your then-current term expires. However, you won’t be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for
the then-current subscription period. By subscribing, you authorize the Company to charge your Payment Method now and again at the beginning of any
subsequent subscription period. You also authorize the Company to charge you for any sales or similar taxes that may be imposed on your subscription
payments. Upon the renewal of your subscription, if the Company does not receive payment from your Payment Method provider, (i) you agree to pay all
amounts due on your Billing Account upon demand, and/or (ii) you agree that the Company may either terminate or suspend your subscription and continue
to attempt to charge your Payment Method provider until payment is received (upon receipt of payment, your account will be activated and for purposes
of automatic renewal, your new subscription commitment period will begin as of the day payment was received).
- You must provide current, complete and accurate information for your Billing Account. You must promptly update all information to keep your Billing
Account current, complete and accurate (such as a change in billing address, card number or expiration date), and you must promptly notify the Company
if your Payment Method is canceled (including if you lose your card or it is stolen), or if you become aware of a potential breach of security
(such as an unauthorized disclosure or use of your name or password). Changes to such information can be made at “My Account” on the Website.
If you fail to provide the Company any of the foregoing information, you agree that you are responsible for fees accrued under your Billing Account.
In addition, you authorize us to obtain updated or replacement expiration dates and card numbers for you credit or debit card as provided by your
credit or debit card issuer.
Modifications to Service.
The Company reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website or the Service (or any part thereof) with or without
notice. You agree that the Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
To protect the integrity of the Website or the Service, the Company reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to block users from certain IP addresses
from accessing the Website or Service.
Copyright Policy; Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement.
You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written
consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Service
in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website (and such description must be reasonably sufficient to
enable the Company to find the alleged infringing material);
- your address, telephone number and email address;
- a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner
or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Notice of claims of copyright infringement should be provided to the Company’s Copyright Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org
or the following address:
c/o People Media Legal
PO Box 25458
Dallas, TX 75225.
Communications and Test Profiles.
When you become a Member, you agree and consent to receive email messages from us. These emails may be transactional or relationship communications relating
to the Service, such as administrative notices and service announcements or changes, or emails containing commercial offers, promotions or special offers from us.
From time to time, employees of the Company (or its parent or affiliated companies) may create test dating profiles for the purpose of testing the functionality
of our Service and website processes to improve service quality for our Members. Telephone calls between you and our customer care representatives may be recorded
for quality assurance purposes.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Company is not responsible for and shall not have any liability, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage,
including personal injury or death, as a result of or alleged to be the result of (i) any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Website or provided
in connection with the Service, whether caused by users of the Website or Service, including Members, or any of the equipment or programming associated with
or utilized in the Website or Service; (ii) the timeliness, deletion or removal, incorrect delivery or failure to store any Content, communications or
personalization settings; (iii) the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Website or Member of the Service; (iv) any error, omission or defect in,
interruption, deletion, alteration, delay in operation or transmission, theft or destruction of, or unauthorized access to, any user or Member communications; or
(v) any problems, failure or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to users and/or Members or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Web and/or in connection with the Service. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE COMPANY PROVIDES THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE OR THE WEBSITE (INCLUDING ALL CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE COMPANY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE OR SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, SECURE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS ON THE WEBSITE OR IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR WEBSITE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY
RESPONSIBLE FOR AND HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION WITH RESPECT TO ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, INTERNET ACCESS, DOWNLOAD OR DISPLAY
DEVICE, OR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA THAT RESULTS OR MAY RESULT FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, YOU
ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO DOWNLOAD OR OBTAIN ANY MATERIAL THROUGH THE SERVICE OR WEBSITE.
- From time to time, the Company may make third party opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other third party information or content available on the Website and/or
through the Service (“Third Party Content”). All Third Party Content is the responsibility of the respective authors thereof and should not necessarily be relied
upon. Such third party authors are solely responsible for such content. THE COMPANY DOES NOT: (I) GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY
THIRD PARTY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE, OR (II) ADOPT, ENDORSE OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY
OPINION, ADVICE, OR STATEMENT MADE BY ANY PARTY THAT APPEARS ON THE WEBSITE OR SERVICE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES BE RESPONSIBLE
OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT POSTED ON THE WEBSITE OR SERVICE, OR TRANSMITTED TO OR BY ANY MEMBERS.
- In addition to the preceding paragraph and other provisions of this Agreement, any advice that may be posted on the Website or through the Service is for
informational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to replace or substitute for any professional financial, medical, legal, or other advice.
The Company makes no representations or warranties and expressly disclaims any and all liability concerning any treatment, action by, or effect on any person
following the information offered or provided within or through the Website or Service. If you have specific concerns or a situation arises in which you
require professional or medical advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified specialist.
The Website may contain, and the Service or third parties may provide, advertisements and promotions offered by third parties and links to other web sites
or resources. You acknowledge and agree that the Company is not responsible for the availability of such external websites or resources, and does not endorse
and is not responsible or liable for any content, information, statements, advertising, goods or services, or other materials on or available from such
websites or resources. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, third parties found on or through the Website or
Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such
dealings, are solely between you and such third party. You further acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or
indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of, or reliance upon, any such content, information, statements,
advertising, goods or services or other materials available on or through any such website or resource.
Limitation on Liability.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, BUSINESS PARTNERS, LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE TO
YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, RELIANCE, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES
FOR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR PROGRAMS, SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS AND PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, THE COMPANY'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND
REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO THE COMPANY FOR THE SERVICE DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
YOU AGREE THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY STATUTE OR LAW TO THE CONTRARY, ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO USE OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICE OR
THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER SUCH CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE OR BE FOREVER BARRED.
Arbitration and Governing Law.
- Arbitration Agreement. The exclusive means of resolving any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement (including any alleged breach thereof),
the Service, or the Website shall be BINDING ARBITRATION administered by the American Arbitration Association. The one exception to the exclusivity
of arbitration is that you have the right to bring an individual claim against the Company in a small-claims court of competent jurisdiction.
But whether you choose arbitration or small-claims court, you may not under any circumstances commence or maintain against the Company any class action,
class arbitration, or other representative action or proceeding.
- Notice of Rights. By using the Website or the Service in any manner, you agree to the above arbitration agreement. In doing so,
YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend any claims between you and the Company (except for matters that may be taken to small-claims court).
YOU ALSO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR OTHER CLASS PROCEEDING. Your rights will be determined by a
NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR, NOT A JUDGE OR JURY. You are entitled to a fair hearing before the arbitrator. The arbitrator can grant any relief that a
court can, but you should note that arbitration proceedings are usually simpler and more streamlined than trials and other judicial proceedings.
Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons.
For details on the arbitration process, see our Arbitration Procedures .
- Court Proceedings. Any proceeding to enforce this arbitration agreement, including any proceeding to confirm, modify, or vacate an arbitration award, may
be commenced in any court of competent jurisdiction. In the event that this arbitration agreement is for any reason held to be unenforceable, any litigation
against the Company (except for small-claims court actions) may be commenced only in the federal or state courts located in Dallas County, Texas.
You hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of those courts for such purposes.
- Governing Law. This Agreement, and any dispute between you and the Company, shall be governed by the laws of the state of Texas without regard to
principles of conflicts of law, provided that this arbitration agreement shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
Indemnity by You.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its and their officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss,
liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of (a) your breach of or failure to comply
with this Agreement (including any breach of your representations and warranties contained herein), (b) any postings or Content you post on the Website or
as a result of the Service, and (c) the violation of any law or regulation by you. The Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and
control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with the Company in connection therewith.
The Company may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to this Agreement, using any reasonable means now known or hereafter developed,
including by email, regular mail, SMS, MMS, text message or postings on the Website. Such notices may not be received if you violate this Agreement by
accessing the Service in an unauthorized manner. You agree that you are deemed to have received any and all notices that would have been delivered had
you accessed the Service in an authorized manner.
Entire Agreement; Other.
contains the entire agreement between you and the Company regarding the use of the Website and/or the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is held
invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. There shall be no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
The failure of the Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
You agree that your online account is non-transferable and any rights to your profile or contents within your account terminate upon your death.
No agency, partnership, joint venture or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and you may not make any representations or
bind the Company in any manner.
This Agreement is subject to change by the Company at any time. If you are a non-subscribing Member at the time of any change, the revised terms will
be effective upon posting on the Website and your use of the Service after such posting will constitute acceptance by you of the revised Agreement.
If you are a subscribing Member at the time of any change, the then-existing Agreement will continue to govern your membership until such time that you
renew your subscription as contemplated by Section 12. If you continue your subscription, your renewal will constitute acceptance by you of the
revised Agreement. Alternatively, if you terminate your subscription at such time, your use of the Service after your termination will constitute
acceptance by you of the Agreement.
PetPeopleMeet.com is a trademark of People Media, Inc.